November 10, 2021
7 Benefits Of Mental Health EHR For Your Practice [Complete Guide]
This year, the need for an EHR system rose to an all-time high. As the healthcare market is shifting towards a digital presence, even the small clinics realized that they need the best EHR software to accelerate the shift to digital, improve productivity and deliver quality care to their patients.
Why is mental health EHR is growing in importance the way it is?
These 7 benefits will offer some clarity regardless of industry size, as to why mental health clinics need EHR to take their practice to the next level.
1. Care Coordination
Mental health EHR systems make it easier to collaborate with other healthcare providers. Whenever a patient visits their GP or any other healthcare provider, they can access and modify their records online. This helps different treatment providers stay updated on patient treatment.
2. Improved Prescribing
EHR tools can help mental health practitioners prescribe the right medicine. Based on patients’ diagnoses, the software can pull out data from the eMC and suggest potential prescription options.
This simplifies the process of prescribing medication and, at the same time, helps mental health practitioners stay up to date with the type of medication available for any given condition.
3. Better Medication Management
Using mental health EHR software, healthcare professionals can keep track of patient medication prescriptions in real-time. This helps prevent double doctoring, as well as minimizes the risk of prescription errors.
4. Data Accessibility
Electronic health records are accessible from just about anywhere. In certain situations, medical healthcare practitioners might have to pull outpatient data at a moment’s notice.
Having the data readily available online via EHR helps mental health professionals respond to emergencies at any moment.
5. Improved Clinic Efficiency
EHR solutions allow your clinic to focus on the one thing that matters: providing excellent patient care.
- By using a mental health EHR tool, you can:
- Digitize (and simplify) patient intake via online forms.
- Keep better track of invoices and patient billing information.
- Pull out relevant data from the software in a single click (as opposed to spending hours going through different Excel sheets).
6. Improved Security
Physical records are simply not that secure. They can be lost, misplaced, accidentally destroyed, altered, and so on. Using a mental health EHR solution, though, allows you to protect patient records from any kind of incident. The patient records are stored on the cloud behind a login-based access system.
This means that only qualified healthcare professionals who have access can view and edit patient data. The best mental health EHR system providers like CapMinds provide an extra service by:
- Encrypting your patient data.
- Reserving copies of patient data for backup.
- Allowing you to give different access privileges to different staff members.
7. Better Clinic Management
As we previously mentioned, the best EHR solutions also come with practice management capabilities. Meaning, you can use the software to manage all administrational aspects of running a mental health clinic, including:
- Managing and scheduling appointments online through a patient portal.
- Conducting online consultations with patients through the platform.
- Managing prescription medicine inventory.
- Centralizing all communication with patients in a single tool via medical CRM functionalities.
- Managing clinic staff payroll.
CapMinds – The leading mental health EHR service provider
There are lots of mental health EHRs to try in today’s healthcare market. So which one you’re going to choose?
Give a try to CapMinds EHR solutions
CapMinds offers the best EHR implementation services and allows mental health clinics to:
- Set up an online patient portal to schedule and manage your appointments
- Conduct online telehealth visits with your patients
- Provide clinical and financial reports in a single click
- Supports both in-house and external labs
- Integrated billing support and more
Ready to get started with the CapMinds mental health EHR solution?